15 Inspirational Quotes by Charlie Chaplin
01. WARS, conflict, it’s all business. “One murder makes a villain. Millions a hero”. Numbers sanctify.
02. I am not a political man and I have no political convictions. I am an individual and a believer in liberty. That is all the politics I have. On the other hand I AM NOT A SUPER-PATRIOT. Super-patriotism leads to Hitlerism — and we’ve had our lesson there. I don’t want to create a revolution — I just want to create a few more films.
03. LIFE is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot.
In this world there is room for everyone. And the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone. The way of life can be free and beautiful, but we have lost the way.
04. I am what I AM: an individual, unique and different, with a lineal history of an ancestral promptings and urgings, a history of dreams, desires, and of special experiences, of all of which I am the sum total.
05. I feel I am privileged to express a HOPE. The hope is this: that we shall have peace throughout the world: that we shall abolish wars, and settle all international differences at the conference table: that we shall abolish all atom and hydrogen bombs, before they abolish us first.
06. I BELIEVE that faith is a precursor of all our ideas.
07. My prodigious sin was, and still is, being a NON-CONFORMIST. Although I am not a Communist I refused to fall in line by hating them.
08. I remain just one thing, and one thing only — and that is a CLOWN. It places me on a far higher plane than any politician.
09. FAILURE is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself.
Look up to the sky
You’ll never find rainbows
If you’re looking down.
10. To truly laugh, you must be able to take your PAIN, and play with it!
11. Nothing is permanent in this wicked world – not even our TROUBLES.
12. Man as an INDIVIDUAL is a genius. But men in the MASS form the headless monster, a great, brutish idiot that goes where prodded.
In the end, everything is a gag.