February 24, 1955 – October 5, 2011
- Information technology entrepreneur and inventor.
- Co-founder and CEO of Apple Inc.
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Pixar Animation Studios until it was bought by The Walt Disney Company.
- Founder of NeXT, a computer platform development company.
- Listed as either primary inventor or co-inventor in 346 United States patents or patent applications related to a range of technologies from actual computer and portable devices to user interface.
- Named ‘’Entrepreneur of the Decade‘’ by Inc. magazine in 1989 and most powerful person in business by Fortune magazine in 2007.
- Among its products : iMac, iTunes, iPod, iPhone, iPad.