7 Inspirational Quotes by Irena Sendler
01. I was brought up to believe that a person must be RESCUED when drowning, regardless of religion and nationality.
02. I still carry the MARKS on my body of what those “German supermen” did to me then I was sentenced to death.
03. Let me stress most emphatically that we who were rescuing children are not some kind of HEROES. The opposite is true. I continue to have pangs of CONSCIENCE that I did so little.
04. I am the only person still alive of that rescuing group but I want everyone to know that, while I was coordinating our efforts, we were about twenty to twenty five people. I DID NOT DO IT ALONE.
05. Over a half-century has passed since the hell of the Holocaust, but its spectre still hangs over the world and doesn’t allow us to FORGET.
06. Every child saved with my help and the help of all the wonderful secret messengers, who today are no longer living, is the JUSTIFICATION OF MY EXISTENCE on this earth, and not a title to glory.
07. Heroes do extraordinary things. What I did was not an extraordinary thing. It was NORMAL.