7 Inspirational Quotes by Oskar Schindler
01. The persecution of Jews in occupied Poland meant that we could see horror emerging gradually in many ways. Then, in the years ’41 and ’42 there was plenty of public evidence of pure sadism. With people behaving like pigs, I felt the Jews were being destroyed. I had to help them. There was NO CHOICE.
02. I knew the people who worked for me. When you know people, you have to behave towards them like HUMAN BEINGS.
03. I hated the brutality, the sadism, and the insanity of Nazism. I just couldn’t stand by and see people destroyed. I did what I could, what I had to do, what my CONSCIENCE told me I must do. That’s all there is to it. Really, nothing more.
If you saw a DOG going to be crushed under a car, wouldn’t you help him?
04. What is there to say? They are my FRIENDS. I would do it again, over and over — for I hate cruelty and intolerance.
05. Beyond this day, no thinking person could fail to see what would happen. I was now resolved to do everything in my power to DEFEAT the SYSTEM.
06. Now you are finally with me, YOU ARE SAFE NOW. Don’t be afraid of anything. You don’t have to worry anymore.
07. We must DIFFERENTIATE between GUILT and DUTY. The soldier on the front, like the common man, who does his duty everywhere, should not be held responsible for the actions of a few who also called themselves Germans.