25 Inspirational Quotes by Nelson Mandela
01. I hate RACE DISCRIMINATION most intensely and in all its manifestations. I have fought it all during my life; I fight it now, and will do so until the end of my days.
02. DIFFICULTIES break some men but make others. No axe is sharp enough to cut the soul of a sinner who keeps on trying, one armed with the hope that he will rise even in the end.
03. I like FRIENDS who have independent minds because they tend to make you see problems from all angles.
During my lifetime I have dedicated myself to this struggle of the African people. I have fought against white domination, and I have fought against black domination. I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons will live together in harmony and with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I hope to live for. But, my lord, if needs be, it is AN IDEAL FOR WHICH I AM PREPARED TO DIE.
04. I stand here before you not as a prophet but as a HUMBLE SERVANT of you, the people. Your tireless and heroic sacrifices have made it possible for me to be here today. I therefore place the remaining years of my life in your hands.
05. Take your GUNS, your knives, and your pangas, and throw them into the sea!
06. I never think of the TIME I have lost. I just carry out a programme because it’s there. It’s mapped out for me.
07. DEATH is something inevitable. When a man has done what he considers to be his duty to his people and his country, he can rest in peace. I believe I have made that effort and that is, therefore, why I will sleep for the eternity.
click to order now
08. A critical, independent and investigative PRESS is the lifeblood of any democracy.
09. It is in the character of growth that we should LEARN from both pleasant and unpleasant experiences.
10. Real LEADERS must be ready to sacrifice all for the freedom of their people.
11. Our march to freedom is irreversible. We must not allow FEAR to stand in our way.
12. The life of CHE is an inspiration to all human beings who cherish freedom.
13. Out of the experience of an extraordinary human disaster that lasted too long, must be born a SOCIETY of which all humanity will be proud.
The TIME FOR THE HEALING OF THE WOUNDS HAS COME.
The moment to bridge the chasms that divide us has come.
The time to build is upon us.
14. All of us have a ROLE to play in shaping society.
15. No one is born hating another person because of the colour of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be TAUGHT TO LOVE, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
16. I learned that COURAGE was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it.
click to order now
17. The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in RISING every time we fall.
18. There is no easy walk to FREEDOM anywhere.
19. But I have discovered the SECRET that after climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb.
I AM FUNDAMENTALLY AN OPTIMIST. Whether that comes from nature or nurture, I cannot say. Part of being optimistic is keeping one’s head pointed toward the sun, one’s feet moving forward. There were many dark moments when my faith in humanity was sorely tested, but I would not and could not give myself up to despair. That way lays defeat and death.
20. What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the SIGNIFICANCE of the life we lead.
21. EDUCATION is the most powerful weapon we can use to change the world and Mindset Network is a powerful part of that world changing arsenal.
22. When the history of our times is written, will we be REMEMBERED as the generation that turned our backs in a moment of global crisis or will it be recorded that we did the right thing?
click to view the
24. Like slavery and apartheid, POVERTY is not natural. It is man-made and it can be overcome and eradicated by the actions of human beings.
GANDHI rejects the Adam Smith notion of human nature as motivated by self-interest and brute needs and RETURNS US TO OUR SPIRITUAL DIMENSION with its impulses for nonviolence, justice and equality.
25. Those who conduct themselves with MORALITY, integrity and consistency need not fear the forces of inhumanity and cruelty.