August 5, 1937 – August 11, 2003
- American ice hockey player and coach.
- In 1980 as head coach won the gold medal with U.S. Olympic hockey team at Lake Placid.
- At the games, Brooks’ US team upset the heavily favored Soviet team in a match that came to be known as the Miracle on Ice.
- Brooks would go on to coach multiple NHL teams, as well as the French hockey team at the 1998 Winter Olympics, and ultimately returned to coach the US men’s team to a silver medal at the 2002 games in Salt Lake City.
- Brooks was killed in a 2003 car accident.