January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931
- Lebanese-American artist, poet, and writer of the New York Pen League.
- Born into a Maronite Christian family, was influenced not only by his own religion but also by Islam, and especially by the mysticism of the Sufis.
- In the Arab world, Gibran is regarded as a literary and political rebel. In Lebanon, he is still celebrated as a literary hero.
- The Prophet, an early example of inspirational fiction including a series of philosophical essays written in poetic English prose.
- Gibran is the third best-selling poet of all time, behind Shakespeare and Laozi.
– Biography –
– Get Inspired –