15 Inspirational Quotes by Khalil Gibran
01. I believe that it is in you to be GOOD CITIZENS.
02. My ENEMY said to me, “Love your enemy.” And I obeyed him and loved myself.
03. PROGRESS lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be.
04. To understand the heart and mind of a PERSON, look not at what he has already achieved, but what he aspires to.
05. LOVE gives naught but itself and takes naught but from itself. Love possesses not nor would it be possessed; For love is sufficient unto love.
06. Half of WHAT I SAY is meaningless, but I say it so that the other half may reach you.
Your CHILDREN are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of Life’s longing for itself.
07. A sense of HUMOUR is a sense of proportion.
08. And forget not that the earth delights to feel your BARE FEET and the winds long to play with your hair.
09. You GIVE but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.
10. Love knows not its own depth until the hour of SEPARATION.
11. Life without LIBERTY is like a body without spirit. Liberty without thought is like a disturbed spirit
12. All that you see was and is for your sake. The numerous books, uncanny markings, and beautiful thoughts are the GHOSTS of SOULS who preceded you. The speech they weave is a link between you and your human siblings.
Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children.
13. Now I know that in the brief moment of the present, all TIME exists, including everything that is in time — all that is eagerly anticipated, achieved, or realized.
14. MY SOUL gave me good counsel, teaching me not to define a place by saying ‘here’ or ‘there’. Before my Soul taught me, I thought that when I was in any place on the earth I was remote from every other spot. But now I have learned that the place where I subsist is all places, and the space I occupy is all intervals.
15. FRIENDSHIP is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.